Sunday 17 May 2009

Putting The Ducks To Bed

Its been quite a while since my last post, I have been trying in vain to get the house renovations finished but to no avail.
Something always seems to get in the way, I have been very busy with my busioness which has been taking up most of my time and so I could go on.

Anyway I have decided life is to short to go worrying about such things and I am going to aproach things in a more relaxed fashion and not always like a bull at a gate. I am also going to make time in my life to enjoy it & do some of the things I enjoy.

Since I last wrote our duck population has grown and we now have 8 white ducks who live hapily with the 2 geese on our top pond, there is a trio of young adults and 5 of their youngsters.
Initially it was a major task every night trying to get them off the pond and locked up in their shed, but after a lot of persistance we now have it down to a fine art.

Ive made a short video for you showing my nightly exploits


As you can see they know whos boss (sometimes)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blog land. I had no sound from the video (my have been my PC) so unsure how you managed to get them off the pond. Did you call them?

Whatever you did it worked!

Mark Burrows said...

Hi

Sorry you didnt get the sound.
It should work, it does on my pc & my Dads.
basically after about 4-5 weeks they know that when they see me at that time of night its time for bed, but it dosnt always go so smoothly sometimes I have to gety Sharons help.
Perhaps they were performing for the camera lol

Anonymous said...

Hi

Just watched it again and this time it worked fine. They certainly seem to know when its time for bed, great little filmstars!