Tuesday 22 July 2008

My Wife is a Dog

Now before everyone jumps down my throat let me explain the headline.

As you recall from yesterdays post the fox got our Gander & one of our two goslings, so to make sure the fox never came back and got the goose & the other gosling I have been shutting them in one of the old pig pens, its not ideal but at least they are safe.

Now to the point of the headline. To get the goose to the pig pens they have to be moved about 40 yards accross the drive accross some concrete hard standing and negotiate various obsticles in between.

I asked Sharon for some help to herd them over and it soon became evident that she had some Sheep Dog blood in her, busily scurrying one way then the other keeping the geese on a steady bearing to the pig pens. after negotiating all the obsticles the geese were hovering over the entrance to the pen, I whistled the wife who came in from the flank the geese shot in the pen, and I quickly shut the door, job done for another night, the things we do for our livestock

No comments: