Monday 28 July 2008

The Rats are Back

As you may have read in previous posts I am very happy at the way everything is progressing in my polytunnel.
This morning when I opened it up I looked around to see how the crops were doing and to my horror I noticed some of the courgettes had been half eaten away, also some of the cucumbers. It looked like it could only mean one thing, the rats were back.
Last year we had a similar problem but after putting down bait boxes with rat cubes in we seemed to have got rid of them, I have put the bait boxes back down tonight and will keep you posted on our rat eradication progress.

The Lincolnshire Buff Chicks are enjoying life out in their new run and are having great fun scratching around and pecking at the grass.
Sharon has now sold all her Silver Grey Dorking chicks so the money from them will help with the food bill, every little helps as they say.

No comments: